Sunday, June 7, 2009

-In case anybody hasn't heard... I got the job in Japan! They offered for me to come up either in September or February. The school year starts in February so if I went September it would be as their substitute until February. I'm VERY excited!! I've decided to go in February because my current principal has asked me to remain as the secretary.

-In other news I start summer school tomorrow. I had originally not signed up for it because I wanted my free summer. However, since I'm not going to be making the same salary as last year I need something to help my income a little. It's only three weeks and 3 hours a day so it shouldn't be bad.

-On Friday night I came up to my room at 12:30 and realized the power was out in my room! I didn't want to deal with it at 12:30 and so I just went to bed and decided I would just wake up when I woke up since I didn't have my clock alarm. I really never do this so I was afraid I would end up sleeping the entire morning away. Sure enough I woke up at 6:30 a.m. I just can't get out of my work schedule. During the school year I wake up at 5:30 and every Saturday and Sunday this year I have woken up promptly at 6:30. I can usually force myself back to sleep only to wake up every 30 minutes until I just give up and get out of bed at 8:30. So Saturday morning I went down to the garage to check the breakers, which were all flipped to on. I decided to just flip each one, then run up to the third floor (where my room is) and see if the lights came on. So after I ran up two flights and down two flights 20 times it was finally the very last breaker. I was sweating and so tired haha. I figured that was good enough exercise for the day though. Anyways that's the only story I have for now.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Congratulations! I'm Chris' aunt Sandra. I'll be checking your blog in the future for your impressions of your year in Japan. My husband and I taught for 13 months at a small private English communication business in Asahikawa, Hokkaido (north of Sapporo). Chris visited us there. We had some great experiences during our year in Japan. I'm sure you will too.