Friday, February 26, 2010

First Days Teaching

Short Story:

Ok Thursday was my first day of full teaching in a K5 class. I think it went pretty well and I really enjoyed it. However, one interesting thing did happen. Right after lunch one of the little boys came up to me and said his underwear were dirty. I knew he had accidents so i knew he had pooped his pants. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the teacher anywhere so I had to ask one of the office ladies what to do. She handed me a pair of gloves, baby whites, new underwear and said "you might have to help him wipe". I was pretty disgusted. So I took him to the bathroom and he didn't need help wiping but you can't flush the baby wipes so he handed them to me after he wiped... wonderful. He then needed help changing. Then because in Japan everything is about presentation I got to carefully and nicely fold his poopy underwear and slide them into a bag with a note. Nasty! 6 year olds should not be pooping their pants or need help cleaning it.

On Friday.... it happened again.

Anyways that's the most exciting thing that happened while teaching. Oh and when I cleared my throat a student said, "Ms. Melanie what is 'clears throat'". hahaha! In about 4 hours I'm leaving for a weekend at the cabin on the coast. I will have pictures in my next post from the weekend!


1 comment:

JENNY said...

haha! I hope you explained what "clears throat" is. The poop story is just disgusting. Gross! Have fun on the coast this weekend.