Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back in Japan...

Well, I made it back to Japan safe and sound! This past week has been kind of crazy... First I left for Japan on Monday morning... 12 hour plane ride with zero sleep is never fun. Once we got to the station in Tokyo (to catch the bullet train to Sendai) I realized I had already sweated more in the past hour than I did the entire time I was in America. I only have two things to say about that 1) I hate the humidity!! and 2) Japan- please invest in some more air conditioning units! I actually had to open my suitcase in the station and change into shorts before I got on the bullet train because I was so miserable haha. We didn't get back to our apartments until about 9:30 pm on Tuesday and I pretty much fell straight into bed. I then had to work the next day and was surprisingly jet-lagged. I don't usually get jet-lagged so it was a bit annoying. I had to fight to stay awake till 8:30, but last night I got a good nights sleep and I feel great today! Today the kids came for a half day and it was so fun to see them again and tomorrow will be our first normal day!

It's good to be back into a routine but I miss America and vacation time! While I was home I took the GRE and the plan is to come back to America in April and start going to grad school full time! Wish me luck...

The picture below is of the Jillian Michels workout DVD, 30 Day Shred. It has pretty much kicked my butt these past 2 days. I thought it sounded pretty easy but basically my entire body is hurting so I guess I was wrong haha.


Of course, I couldn't go to America without posting a picture of my cute nephew. This is right before they got on the plane to head back to San Antonio.

3 comments:

JENNY said...

I can't believe you are back in Japan. I miss you, but I am so glad you came home for a couple of weeks. It was really good to see you. Only 8 more months! You can do it!

Beth said...

I'm missing you!!! I'm sorry about the humidity - at least you don't have curly hair! :)

Kyla said...

I have jillian's 20 min. workout thing too! It's hard! But, good stuff.