Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Food, Food, Food!

Those of you who know me well know that I think about food approximately 100% of the time I'm awake... I even dream about it, no lie! So it should come as no surprise to you that I'm finally blogging about my gluttony. My sisters and I all enjoy talking about food with each other. Maybe too much because it's been known to get on people's nerves. Since we all love food so much naturally we also enjoy talking about our weight. I mean, none of us are trying to be a future contestant of the biggest loser here so if we think about food 100% of the time then we also need to spend at least 50% of time thinking about our weight. HA! It may be annoying to some... ok most but we just can't help it.

Before I even eat my breakfast I'm thinking about lunch and dinner. I like to know for sure what I'm going to be eating. It truly stresses me out when we make last minute plans to go out to eat. I've planned my day around my meals and what I eat when so I can't just be making last minute changes like that! It's crazy talk! Unlike many of my friends and family I prefer to eat a bigger lunch and a light dinner. I don't like feeling full at night and that sure makes having a social life hard. I wish being social didn't revolve so much on going out to eat... I guess that should just make me more motivated to throw my own dinner parties where I can control what's being served... control freak? maybe. :)

When I got home from work today I immediately started reading my food blogs (I'm not even going to tell you how many of them I read daily... it's embarrassing). Then I looked at the clock and OH NO! 2 1/2 hours had gone by. I'm not kidding! So I thought... well it's as good as time as any to start blogging about food. I mean, I'm fully committed to food. That will never change. Sometimes I even eat it 3 times a day!!! *gasp* and so why not blog about what I love most.

I have something I need to get off my chest: I just counted and I've saved over 450 recipes this year on different food sites. How can I even cook all those? I've decided to make a goal for next year: Cook at least 2 new recipes every week. Now I haven't admitted to you yet that those goals I made for my 25th year of life... I didn't do! I started it and then gave up. So I'm counting on you to keep me accountable! Mom, Grammy, Jenny - that's you! (I think you are the only 3 that read this!) The question is when to start: When I get home, when I move into my new apartment, or on my birthday? When I first get home I'll be living with mom and dad till June.. and I just don't know if I can compete with mom's cooking. I mean how do you compete with cooking perfection? It's too hard. Not to mention I'm practically a vegetarian these days and I don't think it's fair to make everyone else eat that way when I cook. I think I can count on one hand how many times I've had meat since August... and none of those times were more than a bite or two. I just don't like it. Red Meat = EWWW! Anything from a pig = vom! Chicken = eh. Turkey = I don't remember... it's been over a year! And fish = don't even go there. So what are your thoughts? When should I start?

3 comments:

JENNY said...

haha! I loved this post. And, I love looking at cooking websites, too. I think you should start when you come visit me. I'll need the help and you know I love a good vegetarian dish! The week that Mom is here with us, you could make 2 new recipes for lunch.

Anonymous said...

So I was thinking that you get home Thursday night and you should start on Friday. I would love to step aside and let you do your thing. Plus, a good mother supports her children and helps them to reach their goals. SO, Friday it is! Looking forward to the time off! :)

kelcdee said...

birthday! i will keep you accountable. I will totally come to your dinner parties too.